Baked Potato Soup Recipe

I love the rainy overcast weather. I've spent the day editing from home, and in the morning I prepared the slow cooker with my favorite ...

I love the rainy overcast weather. I've spent the day editing from home, and in the morning I prepared the slow cooker with my favorite Baked Potato Soup Recipe.

While I would love to take credit for baking the bread bowl, I didn't get up quickly enough to make soup and bread. I bought this at Whole Foods and hollowed it out myself.

   Ingredients

  • 4 large baking potatoes (Idaho or russet)
  • 12 slices thick-cut applewood smoked bacon
  • 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
  • 6 cups 2 percent low-fat milk, heated
  • 5 ounces sharp cheddar, grated
  • Salt and freshly ground black pepper
  • 4 ounces sour cream
  • 3 tablespoons finely chopped fresh chives


Directions
Place the potatoes on a roasting tray and bake for 45 minutes.
When done, the tip of a paring knife should go through the potatoes easily.

Cook the bacon. I use a bacon tray and microwave. I cover the bacon with a paper towel and cook it for about 4 - 5 minutes on high. I then remove the stripes and places them on new paper towels. Once cooled they should be super crisp and less greasy. Perfect for your soup! Break up the bacon pieces into small chunks.

Scoop potatoes into a pot, mash the potato pulp and the skins. Add milk and flour. Mash with a large wooden spoon or mallet. Leave chunky unless desired otherwise.

With pot on medium heat, add the cooked bacon, 1 cup of the cheese, and season well with salt and pepper. Stir until the cheese has melted. Remove from the heat.

Prep soup in a bowel or bread bowel decorate with sour cream on top and devour!

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images