Filmmaking France

So I'm pretty bad at the whole blog updating thing anymore. I feel like a broken record when I say that I'll do my best update more ...

So I'm pretty bad at the whole blog updating thing anymore. I feel like a broken record when I say that I'll do my best update more often. When it comes down to it, life just pulls me further away from free time. It's not a bad thing. Work, love, and life just take priority.

Over the past year I've raised and saved to shoot a documentary film in France. You may have seen us on the cover of the Philadelphia Daily News, or perhaps you saw us on television? We were on several news stations and the radio too. Crazy stuff.

August 5th, 2014 I traveled to France with two of my best friends and a 92-year-old WWII Veteran.
Exhausting doesn't begin to describe the journey, but what an incredible experience.

Harry Snyder, Wayne Snyder, Britt Rawcliffe, Myself, Ian Gillies [Credit to my mother for this one.]

JFK airport the morning before our short flight to Washington DC. It was cheaper to fly from JFK to DC and then to Paris than it would have been to fly directly from Philadelphia or JFK.

Long flights with Britt and Ian are notably entertaining.

Migraine brain for this guy. :( Maybe not so entertaining for Ian...

Harry and Wayne exiting the flight from JFK to DC before we boarded out Paris flight.


Cross Processed Lomography film - Praktica LLC | 50mm f1.8 Pentacon Lens
I was working, so there wasn't much time for analog photo time while we stayed in France and Belgium. Ian, Britt and I did adventure around Paris for a couple of hours while Harry and Wayne took a nap. I can checkoff having a coffee in a Paris coffeehouse from my bucket list.






We landed safely in Paris. Here is Harry Looking for his daughter.
He's standing outside the Paris Hotel. It was a rainy day in Paris.

Image capture from my Canon C100 that we filmed the documentary on. Canon 20mm f2.8 lens.
Gail holding onto Harry as they walk down to the boats in Paris. 



iPhone 5 & VSCOcam
Ian filming on Normandy Beach, France
A storm was approaching the beach.


Bayeux, France is the most beautiful town. I would love to live here. Red on red. Blue on blue.

Sophie hosted us one night and fed us well. Thank you, Sophie! You're amazing!

 Ian made faces sometimes while driving. We drove the distance of Pennsylvania to California in 8 days as we traveled with Harry and his family from Paris, to Normandy, to Belgium.

 
Continue? Show in Brussels! Shoutout to Nick, Josh, and Paul via Ian's shirt. :)

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images