California an Analog Adventure - Day 1

My travels were set and filled with work as well as vacation until my Canon 60D decided to take a turn for the worse while it was on the air...

My travels were set and filled with work as well as vacation until my Canon 60D decided to take a turn for the worse while it was on the airplane. I had it packed safely with me in its case as carryon, so I'm really not sure when it happened. I do know that something in the engine of the camera shorted out and the camera will no longer fire. It's currently at Canon being repaired and cleaned while they're at it. I'm currently wishing I had stayed for Comic Con.

I packed my Canon Rebel 2000, Polaroid SX70 Model 1, Spectra 2, and Silver 1 Shot too...so I was more than prepared to have an analog photo filled vacation, but sadly had to cancel my film shoot that I was really excited for.

I mainly used my Polaroid Spectra2 and was able to capture some beautiful double exposures with it. :)

When I arrived in LAX, I grabbed my my suitcase from the baggage claim and decided to walk outside.

While waiting, I captured these with my Rebel 2000. I captured this self portrait a few minutes before Britt showed up. LookBook.  I ventured over to the Encounter Restaurant. I had a delicious spicy burger, and apple martini while I waited for Britt to arrive from Santa Barbara to pick me up.

Immediately after Encounter, Britt and I ventured to the Columbia Memorial Space Center. I was able to capture some really great spacey double exposures with my Polaroid Spectra 2 and Impossible Project's PZ680 Color Protection Film.

I also took some photos with my Rebel 2000.


We ended the day in Santa Barbara, CA where we spent some time with Amanda and Dex. I snapped this wondrous double exposure of the four of us.

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Flickr Images